Thursday, July 24, 2008

Good Old Peanut Butter Cookies

No I'm not running out of cookie ideas! I had a special request for PB Cookies and haven't made them for a LONG time! In fact, I don't think I've EVER made just plain PB Cookies! I remember making them with Oatmeal and Raisins a while back and they were a hit! Well, I guess I can't call these just PLAIN since I did use CRUNCHY PB, which added little pieces of peanuts to the cookie's texture. They were YUMMY! (Yes I know it's Thursday but I'm taking off on VACATION for the weekend and didn't wanna disappoint my buddies!)

Ingredients: (48 cookies)

3 c all-purpose flour
1 c granulated white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c Crunchy PB

1/2 c (1 stick) butter, softened
1/4 c vegetable oil

Preparations:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt until evenly mixed. Add peanut butter, oil and butter. Using a mixer, blend on medium speed until crumbly, about 3 minutes. Mix until thoroughly combined. Mixture will be very crumbly.
3. Roll dough into balls about 1-inch in diameter and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.

4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Let baked cookies cool 10 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...