Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Had a Left-over Apple

So I made Apple Raisin Bread! Nothing too outrageous about this except that it's REALLY healthy and yummy! AND I had ALL the ingredients I needed in my pantry, which I'm sure everyone else does too! Isn't it great when you can just whip something up without going to the store? :)

Ingredients:

¾ c vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1½ c all-purpose flour
1 c sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
¾ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
1½ c diced tart apples (I left the peel on)
½ c raisins
½ c chopped nuts

Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 325°F. In a mixing bowl, beat oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, cloves and baking powder; beat into the egg mixture. Stir in apples, raisins and nuts.

2. Pour into greased 9-in x 5-in loaf pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...