Saturday, January 12, 2008

My First Meatloaf

Meatloaf has always scared me a little bit. Maybe it's the the fact that I have to get my hands down there and mix. However, after the extremely large bucket of Instant Oatmeal I purchased for my Oatmeal Cookies on Thurday, I needed every excuse to use OATMEAL! So I found a recipe that used it in Meatloaf and decided to give it a try. It turned out surprisingly good!

Ingredients: (6 servings)

1 ½ lbs lean ground beef or turkey
¾ c Quaker® Oats(quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
¾ c finely chopped onion
½ c catsup
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper

Preparations:

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape meatloaf mixture into 10x6-inch loaf on rack of broiler pan.
2. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until meatloaf is to medium doneness (160°F for beef, 170°F for turkey), until not pink in center and juices show no pink color. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Cover and refrigerate leftovers promptly and use within 2 days, or wrap airtight and freeze up to 3 months.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...