Sunday, June 27, 2010

Emeril's Essence is PERFECT for Blackened Catfish!

Can you turn 3 ingredients into the most AWESOME fish dinner ever? I did! Well, technically it was a lot more than 3 ingredients but I made my own jar of Emeril's Essence so I count that as 1 ingredient. I've actually never cooked catfish before but they had these beautiful fillets on sale so I picked up a piece to try. Greg LOVED it! Blackened Catfish is seriously Cajun-cooking at its best and covered in some Essence? Perfection! I served my fish over some creamy mashed potatoes and corn and it was a yummy Sunday night dinner!




Ingredients:


2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 (8-oz) fresh skinless, boneless catfish fillets
1 Tbsp Emeril’s Essence


Prep:


1. Rinse catfish fillets under running cold and then thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.


2. Brush melted butter lightly over catfish fillets and sprinkle with Essence. Repeat for other side. Be sure to completely coat each fillet.


3. Heat iron cast skillet on high until it is very hot, about 10 minutes. Pour the leftover butter into your skillet. Carefully place the catfish fillets into the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes on both sides.


4. Serve finished fillets over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes and corn (or rice).

3 comments:

Food Gal said...

It IS most excellent on that. Great on pork chops, too. ;)

Unknown said...

oh wow, that looks delicious! I've never had catfish, but know it is a cajun classic... I like the 3 ingredient formula!

Phyllis said...

Emeril's essence is indeed fabulous! I also make my own jar and my favorite way to use it is on grilled steak sandwiches (Emeril's recipe too)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...