Friday, June 4, 2010

Buttery Shortbread Cookies

You would think with all the baking I do, I've probably made Shortbread Cookies a dozen times by now but nope, my first batch EVER! I guess the reason would be that I'm really impatient and don't like recipes that require chilling the dough for 2 hours. I've found a workaround, however, and discovered the freezer method! I chilled the dough in the freezer for only 20 minutes and it was good to go! Buttery and soft, these cookies are definitely yummy Friday treats!




Ingredients: (3 dozen cookies)


1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2-1/4 c all-purpose flour


Prep:


1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix butter, brown sugar and vanilla at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat, scraping bowl often, until mixture leaves side of bowl and forms a smooth, soft dough.


2. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 6x2-inch round log. Wrap each log in plastic food wrap; place in freezer for 20 minutes.


3. Heat oven to 375°F. Cut logs into 1/4-inch slices with sharp knife. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned on edges. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...