Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm Asian Again!

I rarely make Asian dishes since I don't have much experience with them so I get really intimidated. My mom didn't pass down any recipes to me either, so that didn't help! I pretty much grew up eating non-Asian food and learned to cook mostly American, Italian and Mexican dishes. Once in a while though, I do like to be adventurous and cook something I've never made before (and Greg has been begging for). This time, it was Pineapple Fried Rice and it turned out amazing! I busted out all of the "Asian" ingredients I had and the kitchen smelled really authentic! (Well, at least I thought so!) AND I have a lot left over and left over fried rice is the best!




Ingredients:


2 c cooked rice
2 eggs
2 c cooked, peeled shrimp (I used cocktail shrimp)
2 c cooked Chinese BBQ pork, chopped into bite-size pieces
3 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp Red Chili sauce
1 c pineapple chunks, undrained
2 green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil


Prep:


1. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Scramble eggs until set. Remove and set aside.


2. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp oil in the same skillet; add garlic, and sauté 2 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in rice, Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and Chili sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.


3. Fold in pineapple, green onions, shrimp and pork, and cook until thoroughly heated. Take off heat and drizzle with Sesame Oil before serving.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...