Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Perfect Recipe

I like putting my own spin on recipes but once in a while I'll find one that's so perfect, I'll actually follow it all the way. These Carrot and Herb Biscuits are a good example. It comes from my Pillsbury Muffins and Quick Breads Cookbook and there was NOTHING I wanted to add or change about it! (I know, SHOCKING!) They're savory, tender, moist and just perfect in every way. See, when you follow the recipe, your results actually looks like the picture!



Ingredients: (12 muffins)


1-1/4 c all-purpose flour
3/4 c cornmeal
1/4 c sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c butter, cold, cut into 1/4-in pieces
1/2 c shredded carrots
1/3 c milk
1 egg, slightly beaten


Prep:


1.Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.


2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, conrmeal, sugar, baking powder, basil, parsley and salt; mix well. With pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in carrots.


3. Add milk and egg; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Drop 1/4 c of dough onto cookie sheet.


4. Bake for 12 - 14 minutes or until light golden brown.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...