Monday, June 28, 2010

Ricotta Oatmeal Muffins

We seem to always have some Ricotta in the fridge waiting to be used up so I decided to make some muffins. I usually add berries but this time I thought I'd just simply make some Oatmeal Muffins. I love the rich and creamy texture that Ricotta adds to baked goods. I also added lots of cranberries and pecans cuz I think they go so well with oatmeal. With only a quarter cup of sugar, these are not only yummy but also healthy treats!




Ingredients: (6 muffins)


3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c oatmeal
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c (1/2 stick) butter, melted and cooled
1 egg
1/2 c ricotta cheese
1/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c dried cranberries
1/4 c chopped pecans


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line 6 muffin cups with paper liners.


2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, egg, Ricotta, sugar and vanilla. Add to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Stir in cranberries and pecans.


3. Fill muffin cups to the top. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...