Saturday, June 19, 2010

Slow Cooked Beef Makes AWESOME Panini!

There's nothing like the slow cooker to turn an inexpensive tough cut of meat into juicy tender goodness. I usually use shoulder meat but I wanted to venture out and experiment with other cuts. I picked up some top round steak at a really good price and decided to try this recipe for Beef in Mushroom Gravy since I already had all the other ingredients. OMG it turned out SO good! The meat was meltingly tender and the Cream of Mushroom and French Onion Soup made such a yummy gravy. Who knew just 3 simple ingredients could be so good? I used some of the beef to make Panini for lunch along with pickle slices and a combo of Provolone and Swiss Cheese. Simple, yummy and totally satisfying!

1 comment:

Kathy - Panini Happy said...

I wholeheartedly agree with you! I just made braised short rib panini this weekend - I swear, they're my new favorite. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...