Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Saltine Meatloaf Dinner

It's Meatloaf Time again! I swear this is probably one of the best pictures I've ever taken of my meatloaves. Thanks, of course, to my new glass pan! I found a box of Saltine Crackers in the back of our pantry while packing and there was a recipe for meatloaf printed right on the box so dinner was born! I jazzed it up with some Worcestershire Sauce and Dijon Mustard. And I also tossed in some mushrooms just cuz I had them in the fridge. For the final touch, I topped the whole thing with some shredded cheese right when it came out of the oven. PERFECTION!


Ingredients:

1-1/2 lb ground beef
24 Saltine crackers, crushed to 1 cup
3/4 c ketchup
2 eggs
1 pkg (1.1 oz) onion soup mix
1/2 c sliced mushrooms
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine everything except cheese and mix well. Press into a 9x5" loaf pan.

2. Bake for 60 minutes. Top with cheese and let stand 5 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

Food Gal said...

What a homespun dish. Takes me back to my childhood. My Mom used to put saltines in her meatloaf, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...