Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our First House Guests!

We're having our first house guests, so of course I made Deviled Eggs! Greg's brother and sister-in-law (Ryan and Kanika) are staying with us this weekend and I'm sure there will be a LOT of eating and drinking involved! This is actually Greg's mom's recipe which is basically a combo of mayo, dry yellow mustard and S & P with paprika sprinkled on top. I followed this guide for hard-boiling my eggs cuz I can never seem to get it just right and they turned out perfect! I guess the real trick is just having patience and letting the eggs cook long enough (30 min after the water starts to boil OFF the heat) and letting them completely cool (20 minutes in ice water) before attempting to peel them. I did still mess up on 2 of the eggs but that's why I made EXTRA! Do you like the pretty egg tray I got from Bed Bath and Beyond? It makes the eggs look company ready, doesn't it? I also made Guacamole but somehow that never turns out to be very photogenic!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was JUST talking with a friend regarding eggs and how they always give me trouble in the kitchen. I can scramble or fry an egg to perfection, but poaching or hard boiling an egg and making a decent omelette are skills I have not mastered. Now how IS it that I can bake/cook other things so well and I can't do that?

Your deviled eggs are perfection....I'm SO jealous!!!!!

"Vanilla and Thyme" said...

I really love that glass egg dish. Will be making a visit to Bath, Bed and Beyond very soon. Thanks for sharing the great recipe for deviled eggs too, they look delicious!

Kirbie said...

Oh what a pretty egg dish! I need to go look for one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...