Monday, October 31, 2011

A PERFECT Dinner on Halloween!

We're not big on Halloween. In fact, it's probably one of my least favorite holidays. I mean, I love seeing all the cute Trick-or-Treaters but I really dislike all the creepy stuff! One way I do like to celebrate though is by making dinner that features pumpkin. So tonight I made Mexican Pumpkin Chili and Pumpkin Corn Muffins. They were both Libby's Pumpkin recipes and came out SO good! Instead of regular corn, I used this Corn and Chile Salsa I found at Trader Joe's. Man, that stuff is addicting! It's got the perfect amount of sweet and heat and I can literally eat it by the spoonful! (In fact, I had to stop myself or else there wouldn't be any left for the chili and corn muffins!) I love the fact that this Chili only takes 30 minutes, which makes it possible on a Monday night. The Corn Muffins also didn't require a long time and I had left-overs for breakfast AND my coworkers! Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Food Gal said...

That's my kind of pumpkin affair, too. I agree with you that it sure beats dressing up in a crazy costume any ol' day. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...