Saturday, February 25, 2012

My (Cheater) Version of a Croque Madame!

For once I was up early enough to make us a nice brunch on a Saturday morning. The idea of Croque Madame came up but I wasn't really in the mood to make the traditional sauce from scratch and I definitely didn't feel like driving out to get Gruyère cheese. So, I decided to make the sandwiches my way, with roast beef, Smoke Gouda and spicy mayo in between sourdough bread. I browned one side in a cast iron skillet, topped them with shredded Monterey Jack, then broiled them in the oven for a few minutes. Of course, a Croque Madame is only a lady after you top it with a fried egg. Yummy and so much easier than the traditional way! We are ready to start our weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmm, does that sound good! I've never had roast beef topped with a fried egg...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...