Friday, September 28, 2012

It's a Pasta Revolution!

I ordered America's Test Kitchen's Pasta Revolution last week and couldn't wait to start making some of the recipes. I decided to start with the Creamy Crabmeat Fettuccine, which I substituted Fusilli for but kept everything else pretty much the same. Ok, I lied, I pretty much made my own version and here's the recipe. It turned out really yummy though! Perfectly creamy and just a touch of heat from the cayenne. A great way to start the weekend indeed!


Ingredients:

1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 c onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried tarragon
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 c dry sherry
1/2 c heavy cream
1/2 lb cooked crabmeat
Fusilli, cooked al dente
Parmesan, for topping

Prep:

1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, thyme, tarragon and cayenne and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.

2. Stir in sherry and simmer until nearly evaporated, 5 minutes. Stir in cream and simmer until thickened, 5 minutes.

3. Add crabmeat and pasta and warm through. Serve with Parmesan on top.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...