Monday, February 11, 2013

Fire-Roasted Tomatoes and Sausage Equals DELICIOUS!

I LOVE using Fire-Roasted Tomatoes wherever I can because they're so incredibly flavorful but pair them with Hot Sausage and I can't think of anything better! Tonight, I decided to make some Rigatoni with a sauce of that combination and I couldn't have been happier! Try it, you'll like it, I promise!


Ingredients:

1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb hot sausage, casing removed
1/2 c onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/4 c red wine
1 c fire-roasted tomatoes, diced
1/4 c beef broth
Rigatoni pasta, cooked
Parmesan cheese, for serving
Fresh parsely, for garnish

Prep:

1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and brown, crumbling the meat, 5 minutes. Stir in the onion, garlic and pepper flakes until softened.

2. Stir in tomatoe paste for 1 minute, then add the wine and reduce for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and stock and simmer to thicken.

3. Add the pasta and toss for 1 minute. Serve with cheese and parsley on top.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...