Saturday, May 24, 2008

Pork Overload!

I keep seeing recipes on the Food Network about bacon and Brussels sprouts so I thought I'd give it a shot. Then I thought...what would I do for the main event? More pork! And to round out the meal, I also tossed in some potatoes. I almost set off the smoke alarm but the result was awesome! Am I creative or what?

Ingredients:

4 slices lean bacon, cut crosswise into thin strips
8 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved, if desired
8 red-skinned potatoes, quartered with skin (about 1 1/2-inch pieces)
2 Tbsp butter
1 (4 oz) Porkchop
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preparations:

1. In a large, deep skillet, cook the bacon over moderately-high heat until browned, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain.
2. Add the 2 Tbsp of butter to the remaining bacon fat. Increase the heat to medium. Add the potatoes, positioning them in the pan so the cut sides get nice and brown. Add the Brussels sprouts and porkchop and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until they are golden brown on the outside, about 15 minutes. Turn porkchop over after about 10 minutes.
3. Add the reserved bacon to the Brussels sprouts in the pan along with salt and pepper, to taste.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...