Friday, July 11, 2008

Let's get WOKING!

My Wok came in the mail about a month ago and I wanted to try it out. I had some left-over canned pineapple so I decided to make Pineapple Fried Rice! It was so easy and the Wok kept the oil from splattering. I used slices of Deli Ham because that's all I had in the fridge but chicken or shrimp would work great too! Oh and the Trader Joe's frozen rice pouches were a total life saver!

Ingredients: (4 servings)

1 c ham, chopped into cubes
2 c long grain rice (cooked)
1 c chopped pineapples
3 green onions, chopped
1 c mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 eggs

Preparation:

1. Heat wok on medium heat. Sauté ham, onions, mushrooms and garlic in oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Stir in pineapples, rice, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
3. Beat the eggs in a bowl and pour into wok. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...