Friday, June 19, 2009

New Orleans BABY!

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since me and Kat went to New Orleans! We decided to take our annual trip to the Big Easy this year and had a total blast! No, we didn't party hardy like you might have imagined but we did do ALL the touristy stuff that me and Kat are so good at! Here we are just starting our trip at the hotel bar. Oh yea...the drinks kept coming the ENTIRE time!

We totally lucked out with the weather! It was storming before we got there but complete sunshine and 85 degrees the ENTIRE weekend! Here we are in front of the many cathedrals in New Orleans. This was right after our Saturday bus tour around the city. There was SO much to see! New Orleans is definitely a big city full of culture and diversity. One minute you're at a huge park with giant trees and the next you're cruising alongside beautiful Victorian houses.

One Sunday, we went on a boat tour (I'm on a boat!) up and down the Mighty Mississippi. It was SO relaxing and beautiful! They also served lunch on board but we decided to have lunch outside at the French Market instead, where we got to enjoy live jazz and plenty of sunshine!
We enjoyed some yummy traditional New Orleans food during our trip like raw oysters, Gumbo, Beignets and of course...BOILED crawfish! Messy and lots of work but SO good! Yea, I had fun with my crawfish!

AND of course, you can't go to New Orleans without trying a Hurricane right? Look how HUGE this thing was! It tasted just like punch, but TRUST me, it's NOT! After 1 of those, I was OUT for the night!

We had an awesome vacation in the Big Easy and I can't wait for our next trip!

3 comments:

Sippity Sup said...

Thanks for visiting SippitySup! I can see that you had a great trip! GREG

Mo said...

I love New Orleans for a fun trip. Great food and drinks too!

Kim said...

Sounds like a great trip to New Orleans. I've always wanted to go there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...