Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Back with More Coconut Milk!

We order Coconut Milk by the dozen since we love it so much and when we ran out last week, I was in a panic! Not to worry though, Amazon Prime to the rescue! (Seriously, I'm not paid for writing this but it's a LIFE SAVER sometimes!) Anyway, so tonight, I had to make some Coconut Curry Chicken. It's been adapted from many different recipes and I added a few personal touches of my own.


Ingredients:

2 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp oil
1/4 c onions, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, minced
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
Rice, for serving
Parsley, for garnish

Prep:

1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down and brown 5 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.

2. Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and bring to a boil.

3. Add chicken back and turn heat down to medium-low. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 20 minutes.

4. Serve over rice and garnish with parsley.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am a big fan of Amazon Prime, even if we pay the sales tax it's so awesomely convenient. I love coconut milk anything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...