Friday, March 8, 2013

You Can't Go Wrong with Heinz!

Have I mentioned how much my hubby loves Heniz Ketchup? Well, let's just say that he puts it on EVERYTHING. So when I saw a recipe on the back of the bottle for Sloppy Joes, I couldn't resist. In case you're not lucky enough to have a bottle of your own, I've included the recipe.


Ingredients:

1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 c chopped onion
1/3 c chopped green pepper
1 lb ground beef
1-1/2 c Heinz Ketchup
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
8 Sandwich Buns

Prep:

1. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and pepper for 5 minutes.

2. Add beef and cook, stirring, until browned, 5-10 minutes. Drain off fat.

3. Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire Sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring, for 10 minutes.

4. Serve over buns.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...