Sunday, April 6, 2008

Pad See You (I'm now officially Asian!)

I've been wanting to make Pad See You for a while now knowing it's Greg's FAVORITE Thai food. I was never able to find the flat noodles at our little Safeway so I decided to pick up the ingredients on my Sunday trip to San Jose. I went a little crazy at the Asian supermarket seeing all the special sauces and stuff! Anyway, to make my life easier, I also picked up some Char Sew (BBQ Pork) to throw in the Pad See You so I wouldn't have to bother cooking the meat. Greg loved it and I think it's pretty authentic!

Ingredients:

1 c BBQ pork, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp fish sauce
1 lb fresh flat rice noodles
1 egg
1 c broccoli, chopped
1/4 c green onions, chopped

Preparations:

1. Cook garlic and broccoli in oiled pan for 10 min.
2. Meanwhile, break up the noodles and cut them into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Add noodles, pork and green onions to the pan and saute for about 10 min until everything is cooked through.
4. Mix in soy sauce, fish sauce and egg. Stir to incorporate everything until egg is cooked.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...