Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Biscottis gone Cookies

I joined Tuesdays with Dorie and this is my very first recipe! I was really excited to make the Lenox Almond Biscotti but they didn't work out quite so well for me. I tried shaping them after mixing AND after chilling the dough for 30 minutes with no success. SO I decided to just make them in to Almond Cookies! They actually turned out really good! They're soft and have a very distinct Almond flavor. I hope Dorie won't mind! :)



Ingredients: (2 dozen cookies)

1 ½ c all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1/2 c yellow cornmeal
1 stick (8 Tbsp) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 c sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
3/4 cup sliced almonds

Prep:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add the cornmeal and whisk again to blend.

3. Working with a stand mixer or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together at medium speed for 3 minutes, until very smooth. Add the eggs and continue to beat, scraping down the bowl as needed, for another 2 minutes, or until the mixture is light, smooth and creamy. Beat in the almond extract.

4. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredients, mixing only until they are incorporated. You'll have a soft, stick-to-your-fingers dough that will ball up around the paddle or beaters. Scrape down the paddle and bowl, toss in the almonds and mix just to blend.

5. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly golden.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Ha your cookies are cute--great way to salvage the recipe! Welcome to Tuesdays with Dorie--I recently joined as well and it is so much fun!

Libby said...

Great idea! I would have loved these!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey! Welcome to TWD!! I love you spin on the biscotti idea! They look great. Hope to see you again...

pinkstripes said...

Welcome to TWD! I love your biscotti gone cookies! Yum!

Cookie said...

Thanks everyone! Now I don't feel so bad for not being able to shape my dough!

Bungalow Barbara said...

I was thinking it would be interesting to try these as cookies -- now I know it will work! Thanks for trying it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...