Thursday, January 29, 2009

Switching it up on a Cookie Friday

So I'm finally finished with my bottomless box of Raisin Bran! I decided to do something different for Cookie Friday this week and baked a dozen muffins instead. These were really yummy and super easy to bake. I can't wait to try using different cereal too! Oh I bet Honey Bunches of Oats would make GREAT muffins!


Ingredients: (12 muffins)

1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 c Raisin Bran cereal
1 c milk
1/2 c melted butter
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 c brown sugar, firmly packed

Prep:

1. Preheat over to 400F; prepare a muffin tin with paper liners or by spraying with cooking spray.

2. Mix flour, baking powder, salt, cereal and milk in large bowl; let stand 3 minutes.
3. Stir in egg, applesauce, sugar and butter; stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy).

4. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full.

5. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until golden brown, and they test done with a toothpick.


1 comment:

Sara said...

This sounds great! I love raisin bran, especially the sugary raisins.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...