Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tomato RICOTTA Bread in the Bread Maker!

I just realized that this is the first time I've blogged about my Bread Maker and I've had it for almost a year! I've made a few different breads when I first got this machine but didn't take any pictures and I'm not sure why. Then it got put away under the counter until TONIGHT! ANYWAY...so here's my official first Bread Maker post! Homemade bread may sound like a lotta work but it's SO easy and SO worth it! The bread comes out SUPER fresh and the house smells SO good! All you really have to do is dump the ingredients in, wet first, then dry, then yeast and let the Bread Maker do it's magic. You can be as creative as you like, the sky is the limit when it comes to what you can put in bread right? My only word of advice is that if you're not gonna eat the entire loaf right away (which is hard to imagine!), seal it in a nice baggie and it'll last for at least a week, which probably won't happen with bread this good! :)

Ingredients: (1½ lb loaf)

⅓ c milk
1 c ricotta cheese
½ c sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
2 Tbsp oil, from tomatoes
2 green onions, chopped
1 whole egg, beaten
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 c whole wheat flour
2½ tsp bread machine yeast

Prep:

1. Place all of the ingredients into the Bread Maker according to your machine's manual.

2. Bake on the basic cycle.

1 comment:

Donna-FFW said...

Wow- your description makes me want to dust off my bread maker right now! Thanks for the motivation.. this sounds great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...