Friday, May 15, 2009

The Fat Fighting Four



Have you heard about the Fat Fighting Four? Well, I read about them on Prevention.com and liked the short list. This gives us a lot of options especially for picky eaters like me! :)

1. Calcium
Why? Reduces fat-producing effects of steroid hormone called calcitrol
Food sources? Low fat dairy, fat free milk, spinach, kale, broccoli & white beans

2. Vitamin D
Why? Suppresses cellular inflammation that contributes to diabetes
Food sources? Salmon, tuna, fortified cereal, sardines & Swiss cheese

3. Omega-3
Why? Reduces inflammation & improves resistance
Food sources? Tofu, enriched eggs, shrimp, salmon, tuna, walnuts & flaxeed oil

4. Fiber
Why? Helps control blood sugar
Food sources? Whole grain breads, brown rice, oatmeal, apples, citrus fruits & carrots

2 comments:

Mo said...

Oh, I think I'm in luck, I get all 4 of those in good amounts. :)

Unknown said...

that's very good to know, I could always use some help with fending off the fat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...