Thursday, May 5, 2011

Giada-Inspired Lemon Cookies

We're finally getting some spring weather in SF so I thought I'd make some lemon cookies since lemons make me think of spring. These are inspired by Giada's Lemon Ricotta Cookies with a few changes. I omitted the glaze and added white chocolate chips. They came out so creamy yet still very refreshing from the citrusy lemon. A HUGE hit at the office!




Ingredients: (4 dozen cookies)


1-1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 c granulated sugar
1 egg
1 c whole milk ricotta cheese
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 c white chocolate chips


Prep:


1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.


2. In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.


3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat until incorporated. Add the ricotta cheese, lemon zest and juice. Beat to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips.


4. Spoon tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes, until slightly golden at the edges. Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to cooling racks.

2 comments:

Taste and Tell said...

I've made these cookies before, but I love your changes!

Food Gal said...

Oooh, I think I like them better without the glaze, too. That way, they don't get overly sweet. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...