Monday, May 2, 2011

Another Yummy Caribbean Dinner!

Last week's Caribbean Mango Chicken was so yummy that I decided to make something similar with pork. I rarely get to use my Jerk Seasoning and thought it would be perfect in this dish. I LOVE the combination of spicy and sweet and it tasted so exotic! To keep the pork tender and moist, I dredged it in some cornstarch first. (It's a trick I learned from making Asian Stir-fries.) I served the pork with some couscous and it was an easy and super flavorful dinner!




Ingredients:


2 boneless pork loin chops, cut into bite-size pieces
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Caribbean jerk seasoning blend
1 mango, peeled and chopped
1/2 c orange juice
1 tsp jalapeño pepper sauce (I used Tabasco)


Prep:


1. In a bowl, toss the pork with cornstarch. Set aside.


2. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and Jerk Seasoning. Brown 3 minutes and stir. Cook 3 more minutes. Add mango and stir. Cook 5 minutes or just until pork is no longer pink.


2. Stir in orange juice and pepper sauce. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...