Thursday, May 12, 2011

My First Attempt at Vodka Sauce

I'm usually all for store-bought pasta sauces but once in a while like to experiment with making my own from scratch. Tonight, I was inspired to make Vodka Sauce for the first time and was really proud of myself. After some research, I put together my own simple version and it came out really good. I'm not saying I won't be using store-bought sauces from now on but I'll definitely be making this again. With the sauce I made some stuffed shells with shredded Rotisserie chicken, Ricotta and Italian Seasoning. A very yummy "Semi-Homemade" meal!




My Vodka Sauce:


1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, minced
1 c vodka
1 c chicken stock
1 c tomato sauce
Salt and pepper
1/2 c heavy cream


Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots and saute for 3 to 5 minutes. Add vodka and reduce by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, tomatoes. Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until slightly thickened, 5 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...