Thursday, March 8, 2012

Good-for-you Savory Muffins

I love baking savory muffins cuz they make the best breakfast or snack! Most of them are also a lot healthier than the usual sweet treats, which is always a good thing. I came across these Red Pepper Cornbread Muffins and couldn't wait to give them a try! Instead of adding the bell peppers raw, I cooked them in the butter so that they'd become softened. In my experience, they have much more flavor that way. I also added a handful of shredded Cheddar Cheese cuz I like cheese in everything! VERY yummy and perfect good-for-you, anytime-of-the-day treats! Pastry schools can teach you cool baking techniques if you wanna make more of these savory treats!

1 comment:

Food Gal said...

Corn bread muffins that are cheesy are the bomb! Especially warm out of the oven. Mmmm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...