Friday, March 30, 2012

My Hubby Thought He Didn't Like Shepherds Pie!

I've brought up the idea of Shepherd's Pie numerous times but my hubby's always shot it down claiming that he's not a fan. I found that very hard to believe since I can't imagine him NOT liking a meat pie made with a mashed potato crust! Tonight, I finally convinced him to give the humble pie a try and guess what? He LOVED it! (Hum, how did I guess that?) This was a very simple recipe especially since I already had leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge. Happy Friday!




Ingredients:


1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 c onions, diced
1/2 c carrots, diced
1/2 lb ground beef
1/4 c ketchup
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 c cooked mashed potatoes
1/4 c shredded cheddar cheese


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 400° F.


2. Heat oil over medium-high heat and add onions and carrots. Cook until slightly softened, 5 minutes.


3. Add beef and cook until no trace of pink remains, about 5 minutes.


4. Stir in the ketchup and Worcestershire and cook for 1 minute. Spoon into a baking dish.


5. Spread potatoes over the beef and top with cheese. Bake until heated through, 10 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...