Monday, October 1, 2012

Tropical Food for Our Unexpected Heatwave!

After living in San Francisco for almost 10 years, I've learned to ignore the weatherman, especially when he says we're expecting a Heatwave. Why? Cuz 99% of the time, that means everywhere BUT the city will get hot and somehow it'll be even foggier and colder for us. Today was one of those rare 1% when it actually got HOT and stayed HOT even at night! So I thought it'd be the perfect day to make something tropical like Jamaican Pork for dinner. This is a very unique curry and has bananas in it along with pineapple and coconut flavors. That might sound odd at first but trust me, it came out REALLY good! The balance of the heat and sweet were just perfect and I added just a touch of Jerk Seasoning to kick up the flavors even more. I served the pork over rice cooked in Coconut Water and it was an amazing dinner on a hot summer night!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...