I bought some chicken thighs on sale the other day at Safeway and have been trying to figure out what to do with them. So I found a recipe from Giada's Everyday Italian called Chicken Vesuvio. (Say it like Giada now!) It's basically a really good chicken and potatoes recipe in BUTTER sauce! YUM! It was SO good!
Ingredients: (4 servings)
3 Tbsp olive oil
4 chicken thighs with skin and bones
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1½ lbs small red-skinned potatoes, halved
4 large garlic cloves, minced
¾ c dry white wine
¾ c chicken broth
1½ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1 c frozen peas, thawed
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Heat the oil in large ovenproof pot over high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Working in 2 batches if necessary, cook the chicken in the pot until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a bowl.
3. Carefully add the potatoes to the same pot and cook until they are golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the wine and stir to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot. Add the broth, oregano, and thyme.
4. Return the chicken to the pot. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
5. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Arrange the potatoes around chicken.
6. Add the peas to the sauce in the pot. Cover and simmer over high heat until the peas are cooked through, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Turn heat to low. Stir in the butter. Pour the sauce over chicken and potatoes, and serve.