Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Early Birthday Dinner for my Honey!

It's Greg's big 34th tomorrow and we're going to Ovo, the new Cirque du Soleil show that's playing in SF. (SO excited about that!) I decided to make him a special early birthday dinner featuring duck (his favorite)! I had called a bunch of grocery stores and finally found duck breast at Whole Foods so I went on Sunday and picked up a nice big piece. Then I went online and, after much research, found this recipe for Sautéed Duck Breast and thought it was just PERFECT! I had also picked up 2 bottles of the Cakebread Pinot Noir that we loved so much from Thanksgiving so the sauce was a perfect match. I used regular mushrooms instead of the "wild" varieties in the recipe (that's what I had in the fridge) and Turning Leaf Pinot Noir for the wine. (Hey, I wasn't about to cook with a $60 bottle of wine!) I served the duck over some Israeli Couscous and Greg LOVED it! I love making gourmet meals at home and now our entire place smells like duck! Happy Early Birthday Honey!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious! What did you think of Ovo? I was thinking of getting tix... I love israeli couscous, that looks like you guys celebrated well. Happy birthday to lucky Greg.

Food Gal said...

What a great birthday meal and gift. Have fun at Cirque! I'm seeing it in a week or so, too. Can't wait! ;)

Lisa said...

This looks delicious! Happy Birthday to Greg--sounds like you have an amazing plan to celebrate! Enjoy!

Karine said...

I heard Ovo is amazing! I hope you liked it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...