Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Roadtrip with My Mommy!

My mom and I decided to take a trip this Christmas since it was just the 2 of us. We didn't wanna go too far (airfare was CRAZY!) but still wanted to get away. Since our favorite activity together is SHOPPING, we decided on Palm Springs! (In case you didn't know, there's a HUGE outlet mall there!) It wasn't a bad drive at all, especially leaving on Christmas Day, and we were there in less than 8 hours. We stayed at the newly renovated Renaissance Inn (I guess it's too new cuz I couldn't find their website!) and had a really good time. We didn't actually get on the road until about 11am so we got to the hotel around 8pm. They were having some special Christmas Dinner at the on-site restaurant so we just enjoyed a light dinner at the bar. (Neither of us had much of an appetite since we pretty much snacked the entire way!) The food was good and fairly priced and the Champagne was flowing! I just HAD to take a picture of this Veggie 6-Pack! Isn't it cute? There were carrots, cucumbers, asparagus, celery and tomatoes with a yummy Ranch-style dipping sauce. We loved it so much, we ended up ordering it again for a snack the next day!



The next night we all went to Morton's for dinner with Greg and his family. (We got EXTREMELY lost thanks to faulty iPhone directions but I won't get into that!) Dinner started with this beautiful platter of Baked Seafood. There were Bacon-Wrapped Scallops, Breaded Shrimp, Oysters Rockefeller and Crab Cakes. EVERYTHING was SO good and our entrées were amazing too (even though I didn't take pictures!). My mom and I shared the Salmon Filet and got to sample everyone else's Steaks and Crab Legs too! Greg got the Cajun-Style Ribeye again, which had been marinated for 60 hours. We actually ended up purchasing the rub and and I can't WAIT to recreate it at home!



Here's a picture of the happy couple!



I LOVED this picture of me and my mom at the hotel lobby. I can't believe my Auto Timer worked so well!



Merry Christmas EVERYONE!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...