Monday, February 1, 2010

Finally...Stuffed Meatballs!

I've seen stuffed meatballs made on TV many times but have yet to try them myself. I decided it was time! I did some research and finally settled on a recipe from the Ragu website. I tried adding the link but it didn't work so I'll just post the recipe here. I used 2 pieces of string cheese cut into 6 pieces each to stuff inside the meatballs and they were perfect! Some of the cheese oozed out during cooking but that just makes them better! I ended up with exactly 12 meatballs and only used half of them for the spaghetti so I'm thinking maybe Meatball Sammies later this week? Right now it's time for 24!


1 lb ground beef
1/2 c Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 egg
2 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 12 (1/2-in) cubes
1 jar Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce (I used the 3 Cheese flavor)
spaghetti, cooked and drained


1. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs and egg in medium bowl; shape into 12 meatballs. Press 1 cheese cube into each meatball, enclosing completely.
Bring Pasta Sauce to a boil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs.

2. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until meatballs are done. Serve over hot spaghetti.

1 comment:

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Stuffed meatballs?!?! Oh my! Those look so fabulous!! How good would these be for SuperBowl Sunday?!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...