Monday, October 7, 2013

Cupcake Practicing!

I have a secret...I'm totally intimidated by the thought of making cupcakes so I've never made them before! Yes, me who bakes cookies EVERY week has never made a single cupcake in her life. NOT ANYMORE! I knew that the only way to face my fears was to start making cupcakes but where do I begin? I thought about using a store-bought cake mix and icing but that seemed like cheating. I knew I didn't want to make a dozen cupcakes either because I can't easily take them to work like cookies. After MUCH Googling, I found a recipe that makes only 2 cupcakes. (Actually I found several but this seemed the most promising!) So over the weekend, I decided to embark on my cupcake-making mission. First, I sprinkled the frosting with yellow sprinkles for a fun summer look. Next I dropped some pink food coloring into the frosting and sprinkled some hearts on top for a very cute lovey dovey look. They both tasted the same, sweet and more sweet, and I must say that I'm very proud of myself! There will be lots more cupcake-making practice to come until I find perfection!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...