Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring Everyone!

It's the official FIRST day of SPRING and I've gotta say that SPRING is my FAV season! It's the time when everything's so bright and cheerful JUST like my flower cookies! I thought I'd take my cookie press out for another spin and they came out just perfect! I added some orange zest to the batter to give it more brightness and an Easter M&M in the middle for color. These cookies are not only cute, they are super yummy too. TRY eating just 1!

Ingredients: (3 dozen cookies)

½ c (1 stick) butter, softened
3 oz cream cheese, softened
½ c brown sugar
1 Tbsp orange zest (half an orange)
½ tsp vanilla extract
1½ c all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
Pastel M&M's

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 375°F.

2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in orange zest and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.

3. Using a cookie press fitted with the flower attachment, press cookies 1-in apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Top with 1 M&M.

4. Bake for 6-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg those are super cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...