Saturday, March 14, 2009

We had 2 open bottles of pasta sauces in the fridge...

...So I made Tortellini! Of course I had to add some meat for my boy. I find that I'm liking bulk sausage more and more these days compared to the good old ground beef. I guess I just like variety. We also have a lot of left-overs and you know how much I LOVE that!

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 c sliced fresh mushrooms
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 lb bulk pork sausage, casings removed
3 c marinara sauce (I used a combo of Vodka and 3 Cheese)

1 can diced tomatoes (I used Italian style)
¾ c heavy cream
16 oz uncooked cheese tortellini
½ c grated Parmesan cheese

Prep:

1. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms cook until tender. Add the sausage and cook until it's well browned, breaking them apart and stirring often.

2. Stir the sauce into the skillet and heat to a boil. Add cream and tomatoes. Reduce the heat to low. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.

3. Meanwhile, cook the tortellini according to the package directions. Drain the tortellini well in a colander. Add tortellini to the skillet and mix to combine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...