Sunday, April 12, 2009

Baking with a Left-over Bell Pepper

I'm not sure why I had a bell pepper left over in the fridge but I needed to do something with it before it started drying up on me. SO...of course...I made muffins! For a savory treat, these babies are great! They're good as a light meal with some soup too.


Ingredients: (6 muffins)

1 c chopped bell peppers (1 medium pepper)
1 Tbsp butter
1 c all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp dried basil
1 egg
½ c milk

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a nonstick skillet, sauté peppers in butter until tender; set aside.

2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and basil. Combine the egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cooled peppers.

3. Grease or line muffin cups; fill ⅔ full with batter. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

1 comment:

Single Guy Ben said...

Huh, I never thought of adding bell pepper to make a muffin, but I guess I've seen eggplants or zucchini thrown in so this must be along those lines. Sounds interesting since I love bell peppers, especially roasted red ones. May have to try this the next time I have a bell pepper laying around the frig. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...