Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Mom's Favorite Cookies!

The Barefoot Contessa's Pecan Shortbread Cookies are my mom's absolute favorites so since she's coming over for Christmas, I wanted to make them for her. The best part though was making these cookies together this year! Growing up, my mom didn't bake, not that she didn't want to, but it just wasn't an Asian thing. So I've always been envious of people who had those childhood memories, especially around the holidays. Then it finally dawned on me this year that it's not too late to create our own special tradition! Who says you can't bake cookies with your daughter when she's an adult? We had the best time rolling out the dough and cutting them into Christmas shapes! I swear they tasted better than any cookies I've ever made and I'm sure my mom agrees!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...