Friday, January 13, 2012

Why I Love Alton Brown!

Are you an Alton Brown fan? I sure am! Not only is he super witty, he's also VERY knowledgeable when it comes to anything food-related. One of my favorite Food Network shows is Good Eats, in which Alton not only gives you detailed facts on everything from Sushi to Beer but also bits of history and culture that you never thought you needed to know! I was watching the last season on my iPhone recently and a particular episode called The Curious Case of Curry really stood out to me. Below is the Youtube video in which Alton creates a Tandoor Oven out of a smoker and clay flower pot. While it's definitely not something I would do, it's just so amazing that he would even think of such a contraption!

2 comments:

Stacie D said...

Thanks for sharing the video. With hungry stomachs and kids to entertain, I just might pull out the homemade tandoor trick. I'll let you know if I do and how it turns out!

Scott R said...

I don't think this episode was well thought out. Flower pots aren't food-grade; clay can have heavy metals in it. Do you want that leeching into your food?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...