Monday, August 20, 2012

My Meatballs Fell Apart but They're Still Mighty TASTY!

I almost cried tonight when I took such effort to form meatballs and they just ended up falling apart in the pan. Then my indredibly sweet hubby said "But they still taste great!" I guess it's true, the meat ends up in the same place whether it's perfectly round or a random mass right? My Mexican "Meatballs" tasted really yummy and that's good enough for me (and my hubby)!


Ingredients:

1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 c onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 lb ground beef
1/4 c shredded Mexican cheese
1/4 c dry bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground chipotle
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 can chopped tomatoes with green chilies

Prep:

1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; let cool.

2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, cheese, bread crumbs, egg, cumin, chipotle and onion mixture. Shape into 6 meatballs.

3. Heat remaining oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Brown the meatballs on all sides, about 5 minutes total.

4. Pour the tomatoes over the top and turn heat down to low. Cover and simmer until meatballs are cooked through, about 25 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...