Thursday, August 23, 2012

Over the years, I've collected dozens of cook books but I keep coming back to my trusty Mrs Fields Cookie Book (which was given to me by my mother-in-law 6 years ago, thanks Priscilla!). Tonight, I made the Applesauce Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and they came out amazingly moist and yummy!


Ingredients:

1-3/4 c quick oats
1-1/2 all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 c (1 stick) butter, softened
1 egg
3/4 c applesauce
2 c raisins

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

2. In a medium bowl, comine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.

3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat sugars with butter until grainy. Add egg and applesauce and blend until smooth.

4. Add flour mixture and raisins. Blend until just combined.

5. Drop by rounded tablepoonfulls 2-inches apart. Bake 12-14 minutes, until light brown.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...