Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Secret to Perfect Meatballs

I absolutely HATE it when my meatballs fall apart on me during cooking so I did some research on how to avoid it. The solution? Refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes or in my case, freeze them for 10 before cooking. It worked like a charm and I ended up with perfect meatballs! These are my version of Swedish Meatballs and they're incredibly tasty!


Ingredients:

1 egg yolk
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 c Stuffing Mix
1/4 c milk
1/4 tsp allspice
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 Tbsp flour
1/2 c beef broth
1/2 c sour cream
Hot cooked noodles, for serving

Prep:

1. Beat egg yolk in large bowl. Add meat, stuffing mix, milk and allspice; mix just until blended. Shape into 8 1-inch balls.

2. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add meatballs; cook until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally. Remove meatballs and keep warm.

3. Add flour to drippings in skillet; stir until well blended. Cook 1 minute. Add broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and add meatballs back.

4. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until  meatballs are cooked through. Stir in sour cream and serve over hot cooked noodles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...