Sunday, January 27, 2013

Chinese Takeout at Home is MUCH Better!

Are you a takeout addict? I know I was before I learned how to cook but nowadays I don't trust that stuff. PLUS making dishes at home is much quicker, not to mention healthier. Tonight, I made Kung Pao Chicken and it could NOT have been easier and more satisfying! I marinated my chicken overnight but you can definitely do it in an hour if you're short on time. It might not be the most authentic recipe but trust me, neither is that Chinese place down the street!

Marinade:

2 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice wine
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp vegetable oil

Sauce:

1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice wine
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp salt

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp vegetable oil
6 dried hot red chilies
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced ginger
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
Green onions, for garnish
Rice noodles, for serving

Prep:

1. In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients. Marinade in the fridge overnight or on the counter for 1 hour.

2. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients and set aside.

3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chilies and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides.

4. Add the garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute. Stir in sauce and cook another minute.

5. Serve over rice noodles. Drizzle sesame oil on top and garnish with green onions.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...