Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Homemade Hamburger Helper

Raise your hand if you grew up eating Hamburger Helper! No? Well, I certainly did. My parents both worked full time, sometimes more, so they took any help they could get. I have more time on my hands so I decided to create a homemade version since I do miss the flavor.


Ingredients:
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 lb ground beef
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c onions, diced
1 Tbsp Worcerstershire Sauce
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 c beef broth
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 c sour cream
Macaroni, cooked al dente
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish

Prep:

1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add meat and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 5 minutes.

2. Stir in garlic, onions, Worcerstershire and thyme. Cook, stirring, unil onions are softened, 5 minutes.

3. Whisk broth with flour in a small bowl until smooth. Stir into pan and bring to a simmer. Stir in sour cream and macaroni. Simmer, stirring, until thickened, 5 minutes.

4. Serve sprinkled with parsley for garnish.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...