Sunday, April 12, 2009

Swedish Meatballs...YUM YUM!

You know my Honey LOVES meatballs so I'm not sure why I've never thought of making Swedish Meatballs! I mean, Cream of Mushroom and Sour Cream Sauce? What's there NOT to like? YOu can use ground beef or a sausage roll, which is what I did. I'm sure you can serve them over any type of pasta you want but I thought the wide egg noodles were more traditional. Served with some Parmesan sprinkled on top? YUM YUM!

Ingredients:

1 egg
¼ c seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tbsp milk
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 lb Italian Sausage (I used Jimmy Dean)

Sauce:
1 can (10¾ oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
½ c sour cream
¼ c milk
1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
¼ tsp ground nutmeg, optional
2 c hot cooked egg noodles

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a bowl, combine the onion, egg, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix well. Shape into 1-in meatballs, about 12. Place in a baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 min or until meat is no longer pink; drain.

2. Combine the soup, sour cream, milk, parsley and nutmeg in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Add meatballs and simmer 15 to 20 min; stirring occasionally. Serve over noodles.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm, I've been thinking about swedish meatballs after reading someone talking about them at ikea... these sound much better than the frozen stuff!

gluten free pammy said...

these look wonderful, I have to try them

C.G. the Foodie said...

those look delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...