Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's CHILLY in SF so I made CHILI!

OK I know that was super cheesy (get it?) but this chili was GOOD! I can't believe I've never made chili before but it's REALLY easy! I mean you basically just throw everything in a pot and call it a day right? I think it'd be a really good dish to make in the slow cooker too but I didn't have the time or patience tonight so I just made it the quick and easy way in a pot.


Ingredients:

1-1/2 lb ground beef
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, finely-diced
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
1 14 oz can black beans, drained
1 14 oz can chili beans, undrained
1 c frozen corn, thawed
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp ground cumin
salt and pepper, to taste

Prep:

1. In a large pot, brown ground beef and set aside.

2. Heat olive oil in the same pot over medium heat. Add diced onions and garlic. Cook several minutes until softened.

3. Return the beef to the pot. Add the tomatoes, black beans, chili beans, corn, chili powder, brown sugar and cumin.

4. Simmer over medium-low heat, 15-30 minutes. Taste, and season with salt and pepper.

5. Serve chili with shredded cheese on top.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It has been so cold and windy - just about summer in SF... That chili sounds delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...