Last Thursday was probably THE most horrifying day I've EVER had in the kitchen! So...I went home to start baking this lovely Apple Bread in my Pyrex Pan for Cookie Friday. Everything went well and the bread came out of the oven looking and smelling yummy. I set the hot pan on one of my stove burners to cool and moved on to make Panini for dinner. I had just received my Cast Iron Panini Press and was anxious to test it out. I started heating my grill pan and preparing the ingredients when I smelled something burning. Apparently, I had turned on the WRONG burner and was actually heating the cooling Pyrex Pan. I immediately turned it off and you know what happened? The Pyrex Pan EXPLODED! Literally...it EXPLODED into a billion pieces! I think I must've stood there for a good 5 minutes in shock. Thankfully, Greg came home right then and was so sweet to clean up everything. I think he realized that I was about to cry so he asked me to just sit down and took care of everything. It must've taken him over an hour to get rid of all the tiny pieces of broken glass. It's times like these that I'm so grateful to have him in my life! (Not to sound too soppy or anything but seriously...Thanks Honey!) The next day I went online and found that this exploding Pyrex ordeal has actually happened to more than a few people. (Which, doesn't exactly make me feel any better!) The lesson learned here? Go and purchase a good pot holder so that I'll never place any baking dishes on the stove top again!
Oh and on the exact same night, my camera, which I've had for about 4 years now, completely died on me. I guess after all the drops and food splatters, it finally couldn't take it anymore! So I ordered a new camera the other day and it finally arrived! It's a Canon PowerShot SD1200IS (pink of course!) and I love it! I'll be posting again very soon, I promise!