Saturday, January 5, 2013

Reminds Me of Hamburger Helper!

I grew up on Hamburger Helper (don't judge!) but now that I actually know how to cook, I try making things myself. That doesn't mean I don't miss my box of yummy goodness though so I created my own version of cheeseburger mac and cheese that tastes very close to the box-variety.


Ingredients:

1 Tbsp oil
1/2 lb ground beef
1/4 c onions, chopped
1 c beef broth
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 c ketchup
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Macaroni, cooked
1/2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 c breadcrumbs

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a baking dish.

2. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add beef and onions, breaking apart as meat browns.

3. Combine broth, mustard, ketchup, garlic and pepper flakes. Add to the pan and bring to a boil.

4. Stir in macaroni and cheese. Pour into baking dish and top with breadcrumbs. Bake 20 minutes, until brown and bubbly.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...